Welcome to Yogi Sticks!

Do you know your Gomukasana from your Adho Mukha Svanasana? Is your Vrksasana all it can be? And how do you feel about Supta Baddha Konasana? Do you know what I'm even talking about?

Sometimes the Sanskrit - however beautiful it sounds - is not very helpful. So, to encourage my students to expand their yoga practice into their home, I sketch the poses we practice during class on a chart and add the Sanskrit and common name. Hopefully, this is a useful tool to help them along in their yogic journey. I also troll the internet, books, and journals to find interesting articles about yoga and the yogic lifestyle.

Today Is The Day


Young Yogis rejoice - today is my first kids' yoga class!

I hope your kiddos can make it - We are planning a fun game of "Jogging Through the Jungle", some balloon breathing, and a trip to our Secret Garden.

I'm also thinking about starting a family yoga class in the late morning for younger children and their caregivers. Let me know if you are interested - I think it would be a wonderful class.


This is a photo of the December 2010 graduating class of Kidding Around Yoga - I'm official!

No comments:

Post a Comment