Welcome to Yogi Sticks!

Do you know your Gomukasana from your Adho Mukha Svanasana? Is your Vrksasana all it can be? And how do you feel about Supta Baddha Konasana? Do you know what I'm even talking about?

Sometimes the Sanskrit - however beautiful it sounds - is not very helpful. So, to encourage my students to expand their yoga practice into their home, I sketch the poses we practice during class on a chart and add the Sanskrit and common name. Hopefully, this is a useful tool to help them along in their yogic journey. I also troll the internet, books, and journals to find interesting articles about yoga and the yogic lifestyle.

Nadi Sodhana - Alternate Nostril Breath


I am planning on starting practice on Wednesday (9/1) with at least one round of Nadi Sodhana. Here is a wonderful explanation (including video!) of Alternate Nostril Breath - it's benefits, challenges, and techniques. Enjoy and I'll see you tomorrow at 6:00.



1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I stopped by and was so impressed with your blog. I love the information and the concept is amazing! I really wish I had had someone like you when I had first been interested in yoga - that way my fire would have been kindled. As it were my fire wasn't nurtured so I moved on. Thank you so much for posting the charts! They are very helpful and now I might understand more of what I am trying to accomplish. Many thanks and much appreciation.

    ReplyDelete