Welcome to Yogi Sticks!

Do you know your Gomukasana from your Adho Mukha Svanasana? Is your Vrksasana all it can be? And how do you feel about Supta Baddha Konasana? Do you know what I'm even talking about?

Sometimes the Sanskrit - however beautiful it sounds - is not very helpful. So, to encourage my students to expand their yoga practice into their home, I sketch the poses we practice during class on a chart and add the Sanskrit and common name. Hopefully, this is a useful tool to help them along in their yogic journey. I also troll the internet, books, and journals to find interesting articles about yoga and the yogic lifestyle.

4-7-10 Concentration and Balance

Last night we worked through several balance poses, aimed at developing our concentration and encouraging our sense of balance. In addition, I introduced a few simple acupressure exercises that are said to be beneficial to our memory and concentration. These are posted above (you should be able to click on a picture for a larger view), from the awesome book, Acupressure's Potent Points by Michael Reed Gach. The book is organized alphabetically by type of common ailment (from Acne to Toothaches and Wrist Pain). A great place to find books on the web is http://www.dealoz.com/. You simply type in the title and it searches all the major book outlets finding the prices with shipping and applicable coupons. I've added it to the links section on the right of the blog...

Mahatma Gandhi: "My message is my life."

Be well!
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment