Welcome to Yogi Sticks!

Do you know your Gomukasana from your Adho Mukha Svanasana? Is your Vrksasana all it can be? And how do you feel about Supta Baddha Konasana? Do you know what I'm even talking about?

Sometimes the Sanskrit - however beautiful it sounds - is not very helpful. So, to encourage my students to expand their yoga practice into their home, I sketch the poses we practice during class on a chart and add the Sanskrit and common name. Hopefully, this is a useful tool to help them along in their yogic journey. I also troll the internet, books, and journals to find interesting articles about yoga and the yogic lifestyle.

8-16 Legs and 8-18 Shoulders

Shoulders were the focus of practice Wednesday night. Be mindful - shoulders are delicate, so do not push them to "pain". Sensation and heat are fine, but not wincing or grimacing.

We also tried a guided meditation as we settled into savasana. It was from the book, "Meditations for Transformation". I received positive feedback after class, so I'll try to include these more often (once every couple of weeks? Let me know what YOU want!)

Quote: "Passion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." -the Dalai Lama
We powered up the legs on Monday (and great turn-out, by the way! Thank you so much for coming to practice!).
One of my favorite quotes closed practice: "Unhappiness begins when you let others define success for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment